Packing Tips and Tricks for Moving
Everyone who has moved once or twice has tips on how to pack, sort, transport, unpack etc. But if you’re not fortunate enough to have a frequent mover in your rolodex, here are some packing tips you can consider on your next move.
• Pack picture frames in padded envelopes from the dollar store.
• Use zipper seal bags to transport loose items like pens and fridge magnets.
• Laundry baskets can transport clothes, kitchen appliances, bathroom accessories, etc.
• Bedding can be packed in garbage bags and used as padding around furniture in the moving truck.
• Use plastic wrap to secure drawers, lids, shelves, etc. that may slide during transport.
• Paper bags work great for wrapping glassware. Plus there’s no ink residue like there is with newspaper.
• Don’t move anything empty. All spaces can and should be packed with goods to save on packing costs. For instance crackpots can transport spices.
• Empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls can be taped together and make a great way to transport cords. Cords can be individually stored and labelled so they don’t get tangled together.
• Take a photo of the back of your television/entertainment center so you know how everything gets wired back together.
A quick Internet search will yield a lot more packing tips. Whatever you choose to do while packing, make sure you give yourself enough time to get it all packed up before the movers get there or you’ll start moving day off on the wrong foot.
Do you have any special packing tips or tricks? We’d love to add them to this list for others to benefit as well! Just send us an email (from your email program) or via our contact form and we’ll update this page right away.
Check out more articles in the with similar categories – Article